Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blessed to Be a Blessing



This morning I was challenged to look at Genesis 12 in light of missional living. As I read, it reminded me of one of the most profound experiences in my life. The picture above was taken on a trip that I lead to live out my life the way Christ desired. While in Haiti, I realized that I was blessed despite my income level and net worth (or lack of). I love the challenge that God gave to Abraham. "I will bless you so that you may be blessing." When I read that, it again challenged me in my view of my relationship with Christ.

I am living in the greatest economic crisis that I remember. I don't have a lot of money to give, I don't have a huge investment to start a business or non profit to help others, BUT I AM STILL BLESSED.

I have a home that I can invite people too and share with them hope. I have a loving family who can give hope to a family in crisis. I have enough food to feed an extra person, I have enough room for someone to spend the night, I have been given life experience that I can share with someone in need.

I am blessed. I am blessed beyond what I can comprehend. The question is not am blessed but rather am I a blessing. As you look at the picture above, ask yourself what blessing do I have that I can in turn use to be a blessing. Make this a priority on your journey....BE A BLESSING!!!

Comment and share how you have had opportunity to be blessing....

No comments:

Post a Comment