Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Hate the Holidays - Not what I expected




It has been nearly a month since I have blogged. It has been one of the busiest months of my life. We have gotten our LifeGroups off the ground as well as our first YouMatter project and the second in just a couple of weeks. This Sunday I have the awesome privilege and responsibility to teach at the weekend experience of ExponentialChurch.tv. If you are in Harrisburg or want to come, I would love to see you.

Everyone has expectations at that Christmas holiday. From presents to decorations to family, the list could go on and on. How do you deal with the expectations when it turns out to be not what you expected. The picture above is one of my favorite pictures. Too bad the holidays can't be exactly like the picture I have in my head. We are going to look at the story of Mary, a story from the disciples and see how they handled unmet expectations. Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment